Lübeck cathedral celebrates its birthday.
This year Lübeck's oldest church will be 850 years old – unbelievable: so old and still so young and alive.
That is why we will be celebrating a festival in the summer - not just a parish festival, but a festival for the whole town, for all generations and with everyone who would like to join in the celebrations - and preferably with you!
We cordially invite you.
It should be a real birthday party with everything that goes with it.
- With song and play and dance.
- With hustle and bustle under a wide sky and a sea of lights under the stars.
- With concerts and lectures.
- With a 10-day festival week from 23 June to 2 July and two festival services.
- With a stage and a big picnic on the lawn in front of the cathedral.
- With a baptism festival and many surprises.
We look back and ask what was. That is part of a round birthday.
We look to today and to the future, because every birthday is the beginning of a new year of life.
We are looking forward to this festival.
Celebrate with us!