The cathedral is home to two special organs:
In the north aisle, in close proximity to the main block, on the side of a small gallery is the Marcussen organ from 1970.
In the baptismal round stands an Italian Baroque organ from 1777, on loan from the Lübeck Conservatory.
The organ in the northern aisle was built in 1970 by the renowned Danish firm Marcussen and Son. The structure of the organ corresponds to the classical North German organ: Hauptwerk, Rückpositiv, Oberwerk, lateral Pedal towers.
The disposition was created at that time following that of the Schnitger organ, which adorned the cathedral until 1892. In 1998 the stoplist was supplemented by the effect stops Zimbelstern and Nachtigall.
A comprehensive renovation of the instrument took place in 2022.
Hauptwerk, 10 Stimmen
Rückpositiv, 12 Stimmen
Oberwerk, 13 Stimmen
Pedal, 12 Stimmen
In the baptismal round of the cathedral stands an Italian Baroque organ, built in 1777 by Biaggio di Rosa for a church in southern Italy. The Dräger Foundation Munich-Lübeck acquired the instrument, had it restored by Jürgen Ahrend (Leer) and donated it to the Lübeck Conservatory. Since there was no suitable room for the organ at the university, the instrument was moved to the cathedral, where it is now heard at numerous baptisms and concerts.
The disposition of the Italian Baroque organ:
Decimanona (1 1/3')
Flauto in Duodecima (2 2/3')
Voce Umana Soprani (Prinzipalschwebung im Diskant)
Flauto in Ottava (4')
Usignolo, Tromba, Tiratutti
a = 415 Hz, mitteltönige Temperatur,
einmanualig mit kurzer Oktave und angehängtem Pedal
The cathedral also houses a grand piano, a harmonium and a chest organ from the Rohlf company.
In the long term, the Vision Schnitger project is intended to make it possible to rebuild a Baroque organ in the Westwerk according to the historical model.